What’s the Vanguard Network?
Throughout the world, there is a growing focus on ending homelessness. Members of the Vanguard Network will be at the forefront of the movement sharing innovations, best practices, and challenges with a group of committed leaders and practitioners. This sharing will build the evidence base of what works to end homelessness and inform international advocacy and policy, including reports and meetings with UN-Habitat. The Vanguard Network brings together homelessness practitioners, government leaders, people of lived experience, experts and researchers to power the knowledge exchange.
As a Vanguard Network member, you will receive:
Invitations to take part in meetings with fellow Vanguard Network members:
- Knowledge Exchange Meetings and Policy Round Table Discussions on topics chosen by the Vanguard Cities
- Sharing of new research/evidence through meetings and trainings base led by homelessness researchers and experts
- Cohort calls focused on peer learning and sharing with attendees in a similar line of work, including calls with frontline workers, leadership, and government officials
- Vanguard City Summit, an annual convening and workshop for all IGH’s Vanguard Cities
- Other relevant IGH meetings and webinars including the Community of Impact
Engage with and contribute to:
- International events including United Nations forums
- IGH publications and case studies
- Participation at critical moments in IGH’s advocacy campaigns
- Opportunities to provide insight to IGH and UN-Habitat’s Global Homeless Data Initiative
Who should join?
If you lead a homeless organization, work for a city, regional, or national government, have the lived experience of homelessness, or represent a lead agency working on homelessness, we encourage you to join the network by filling out the expression of interest form below.
How do I join?
Please fill out the Expression of Interest Form with information about your work, and the city or area you represent. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experts by Experience Forum – 16 November at 16:00 (London) – 10:00 (Chicago) — Register here
This is a meeting for people in the Vanguard Network with the Lived Experience of Homelessness. The goal of this discussion is to create an international forum for people of lived experience to share ideas on co-production, center voices of lived experience across cities, advocate for building inclusive policies and practices, and talk through key challenges.